Medicare Set-Aside Allocation (MSA)
A Medicare Set-Aside Allocation is an agreement that takes place at claim settlement for “qualified” individuals. It prevents the shifting burden for future injury-related medical expenses from the insurance carrier, or responsible party, to Medicare. CCM has certified professionals that can assist you with this complex and challenging issue.
What is needed to get started?
- Initial Notice of Injury
- Medical records regarding initial treatment following injury
- Healthcare provider’s consults and office notes
- Independent Medical Exams (IMEs)
- Complete hospital records
- Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI) and percentage of impairment documents
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or Social Security
- Medical portion of the claim’s payment history (specifically the past 3—5 years and should reflect payment dates and names of providers)
- Medication/DME listing (listing should reflect type, amount and cost)
- Current health care provider’s medical report